Weep for New Orleans

I'm back at the hotel after spending the night at the rig and
I'm aghast at what daylight reveals of new orleans. Kenner
where I grew up is flooded, downtown and the french quarter
are flooding. Slidell and Chalmette are probably total losses.

Fox just pointed out something that I've been thinking: No one
has even heard from Placquemines Parish, and apparently the
river has 'reclaimed' the lower portions of the delta.

The national news people have no idea of the geography of the area,
and they only show a few scenes where their cameras are, at the corner
of bourbon and canal, and from up on the GNO bridge.

But it looks unbelievable what we can see, who knows when or if
this will all be rebuilt.

Comments

Sharon said…
Joe, I can only imagine what you're feeling right now.

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Popular posts from this blog

The other side of Porkbusters, the people who need pork

Haditha slant in the press

Offshore blogging again