Blogging under the moose

I'm up in Anchorage this week and I'm staying at a hotel
that is chock full of animal trophies in the lobby. The big
one over the mantel is a moose that looks out on my blogging
with a dispassionate eye.

I spent the last two weeks outside Calgary, where the sun
set at 10 pm, and rose at 3 am leading to me not sleeping
more than 3 hours a night for two weeks. Then I jetted home
to houston so I could spend our anniversary with my wife,
and now I'm up in anchorage, bleary eyed under a moose.
We're almost at solistice here, so it never gets fully dark,
when we landed this morning at 2:30 the sun leered like a
bleery drunken eye similar to my own.

It's kind of a cool hotel, it's on a lake where seaplanes take off
and land every five minutes; a feature that is much cooler after
2 pm, not so cool at 7:30 am. they sometimes seem about to
crash into the window of the restaurant, the first time it happened
I nearly flung my coffee in an attempt to get away. Better
now though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The other side of Porkbusters, the people who need pork

Haditha slant in the press

Offshore blogging again