Closing out the programs

I finally got to see the revenge of the sith. I might mark
myself as an uber-geek, but I really liked it. There were some
sucky clunky parts (who made Natalie Portman so ugly and
why?). But you had to love Yoda crawling through a tunnel
to escape, I wasn't sure if it looked more like bruce willis in
Die Hard ("come out to the coast, we'll have some laughs) or
a typical scene from Star Trek in the Jeffries tube.

The main thing is that Lucas created a fairly plausible story
that showed all the things that were implied back in 1977, such
as 'Vader was created when fighting Kenobi in Lava', or
'Palpatine killed all the Jedi'. It wasn't perfect, but it did a
much better job than I expected given all the whining and
gnashing of teeth I've read about.

Also I liked that I got to see the film, since I got sent offshore
unexpectedly the day it was released, I was slightly worried that
I'd get killed offshore and my tombstone would read: loser-who
never got to see star wars end.

My favorite star wars event of the past month was the
final entries in the Darth Vader weblog. This captured so much
of the Vader backstory so much better than Lucas did, that when
someone remakes Star Wars in 10 years (probably all 9 movies
in over 9 years, Luke will be played by Mary Kate and Leia by
Ashley) , I hope they fill in the Vader story using the text of this
blog. The best entry in the Vader weblog was the one dealing with
the Death Star system checkout:

The bottom line is that, with the exception of one department,
every system promises to be one hundred percent for
tomorrow's big test. The chief of the errant division was
apologetic, but I was unimpressed. He said, "We'll have the
internal security sensors operational before the week is out,
of that much I can assure you with nearly full confidence,
Lord Vader."

"That is insufficient."

He shrugged and shook his head. "What can I say? Good,
fast, or cheap: pick two."

I pointed my gloved hand at him and he began struggling for
air. He clawed at his throat, his eyes bulging as he slid off his
seat and hit the floor. He convulsed briefly before the final
stillness. "You're fired," I said.


I know I've said "good, fast or cheap, pick two" before, but it really
does piss me off when other people say it, I just can't crush tracheas
with my mind. (luckily)

Anyway, Star Wars - liked it. I just watched the final apprentic and
24 on Tivo, and I'm happy with those too...I'm just wondering what
will happen to Jack Bauer next year.

Wow. no more mass media 'till football season starts.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Joe, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Closing out the programs. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse games for kids related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse games for kids related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse games for kids. Thank you and I wish you well .
Anonymous said…
Hello Joe, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Closing out the programs. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse picture frame related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse picture frame related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse picture frame. Thank you and I wish you well .
Anonymous said…
Joe GREAT title Closing out the programs. I am actually looking for collectable trail of ponies related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other collectable trail of ponies related blogs. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
Joe GREAT title Closing out the programs. I am actually looking for horse games for kids related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other horse games for kids related blogs. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

The other side of Porkbusters, the people who need pork

Haditha slant in the press

Offshore blogging again