Panic sets in

I just made a trip to Kroger on the way home from the office
to see if I could top up our hurricane supplies. the place was
fuller than normal, like a satuday morning, but not packed.

When I passed the water aisle there was nothing...just bare
shelves where my cool refreshing bottled water should be,
no evian, perrier...nothing. I grabbed a couple 12 packs of
coke and sprite, and a case of beer, then I saw her. She was a
slender blond, about 40, very nice, and she wouldn't meet my
eyes, and her cart was full of water! I pushed my cart a little
faster in the direction she came from and I struck gold, a crowd
of about 20 people standing around a guy unloading a pallet of
water.

I pushed into the crowd, "how many?" he asked me breathlessly.
I hesitated then said "3", since I already had some water at
home. He loaded up my cart and I walked away, with my cart
full of water, beer, poptarts and granola bars. When a young woman
tried to catch my eye as she oggled my water, I looked away and
slunk out of the store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The other side of Porkbusters, the people who need pork

Haditha slant in the press

Offshore blogging again