Traveling man

Kottke.org links to a meme about listing the cities you've visited this
year. Since I did quite a bit of traveling this year I thought I'd give
it a try:

New Orleans, LA*
Baton Rouge, LA
Picayune, MS*
Lafayette, LA*
Anchorage, Alaska*
Liberal, KS
Oklahoma City, OK
Tulsa, OK
Cameron, LA
Los angeles,CA
Long Beach, CA*
Bakersfield,CA
Denver,Co*
Airdrie, Canada
Banff, Canada
Calgary, Canada*
Villahermosa, MX
Coatzacoalcos, MX
Agua Dulce, MX
Mexico City, MX
Edmonton,Ca
Austin, TX
Miami, Fla
Paris
Milan
Venice
Florence
Rome
Seattle
Salt Lake City
Lima, Peru*
Quito, Ecuador*
Bogota,Colombia*
Paipa, Colombia
Chia, Colombia*

That's 11 States and 6 foreign countries. I'm glad to have
seen most of those places, but Liberal, Kansas I could have done
without. I probably spent the most time in Calgary, Quito & Anchorage
apart from Bogota and Houston where we lived this year. My favorite
place was Paris, maybe florence too, but those were on vacation. I can't
picture having enough money to live in Paris without making an hour
long commute by train every day. I think I liked Anchorage the most
for a work destination, I liked the food and the people are uniformly
nice.

I travel a lot, but I'm not good at having fun on expenses, so I'd rather
be at home with my wife and the Tivo.

Comments

Sharon said…
That is simply amazing.

happy New Year, Joe!

Popular posts from this blog

The other side of Porkbusters, the people who need pork

Haditha slant in the press

Offshore blogging again