Nyquil Dreams

I'm back in Bogota after a week of traveling to Quito and Lima
to meet clients and coworkers and people that now work for me.
All I can say is that I'm glad we're going to live here and not Lima,
much of which looks like a run-down version of the model of Tokyo
from Kill Bill 1.

Anyway since I changed from cold to cool to humid and warm yet cool
whenever the wind blows, in 72 hours, I got pretty sick on friday with fever
chills, torrential running nose and a cough suited for "les miserables".
Once I got back here to my ziplock bag full of american medicines, I took
a double dose of Nyquil and went to sleep. (er, passed out, being a Nyquil
veteran, I know enough to take my dose in bed, if you take Nyquil in the
kitchen you may wake up on the kitchen floor.)

I had the most freaked out dreams, I'm not sure if they were all nyquil
related, or just stress. The first set seemed normal...no aliens...but I
apparently got a job as a regional manager for Walmart. In the dream it
seemed like I was in Albequerque from the shape of the mountain that loomed
in the dream. The walmart store was opening and not a single person knew their
job, and when I asked for a diagram of who was in charge, all I got was a list
of names horizontally across the page.

All of this makes perfect sense this morning, since I was supposed to be handing
over with my predecessor over the last week and a half, and he did take me
around and introduce me to all the clients and employees, but everytime we discussed
some facet of the operation he said he'd send me the document by email, or dump
everything onto a common server. I finally asked him to just copy everthing he
was willing to give me onto my external hard drive. When he put me off again I
wasn't sure if he's got a diabolical plan to fuck up my future, or if he's forgetful.
Friday we got through the afternoon and I was pissed off and feverish, still nothing
concrete so I suspected it was the diabolical plan one. Fuck.

Anyway, all of this fed into my Nyquil control center and came out with the first
dream, then a more standard less work involved dream where we were camping
on a bayou being attacked by multicolor alien butterflies and undead rats.
(I know what you're thinking: dream #22)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The other side of Porkbusters, the people who need pork

Haditha slant in the press

Offshore blogging again